Sunrise over the Caribbean, where my husband and I honeymooned

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I'm A Bee"

I found a new favorite running song.

And I cannot believe I am about to admit this!

I went to a Black Eyed Peas concert recently because I fell in love with their song "Tonight's gonna be a good night." I was pretty unfamiliar with their other music so before the concert I downloaded a few of their songs to my i-pod, not knowing that I was about to embark on a tune that would provide a massive pep in my step!

When I first heard my new favorite running song on the radio, I did not know it was sung by the Black Eyed Peas and quite honestly I hated it. It annoyed me and made me feel anxious.

I thought "Geez, they can actually make money off of lyrics like this? Lyrics that involve a buzzing insect talking about itself?"

I thought it was a theme song for some animated kids movie!

"I'm a bee, I'm a bee, I'm a....I'm a....I'm a bee..."

Yep, those are the words I heard. Thought the song was about a bee....

Until the concert.
Boy did I feel stupid when they started singing this song.

It's not "I'm a bee."

It's "Imma be!"

Like, "I'm Gonna be!"

OK, I guess I don't have to explain that to you. You probably already knew that.

Anyways...

Saturday morning I went to my local walking trail to hit the pavement for a good 4 miles. I went by myself, just me and my ipod. I walked the first 1/2 mile, jogged a solid 2, walked another 1/2 mile and then jogged the last mile; the last super challenging, painful, breathless, miserable mile..

that is...

until...

these words took over my brain...

"Imma be takin them pics, lookin' all fly and shit
Imma be the flyest chick, so fly
Imma be spreadin' my wings
Imma be doin' my thang, do it, do it, okay"


Suddenly I become re-motivated! I miraculously caught my breath. My sneakers miraculously turned into bouncy clouds of heaven and I suddenly felt like Forrest Gump in that scene when his leg braces burst off his fast little legs! I pushed myself hard and finished the last stretch of the last mile with a bang.

As I drove home from the trail feeling really energized, it dawned on me that I must have burned like a million calories! So I amused myself (I do that a lot) and started to sing to my own little tune...

"Imma be, Imma be, Imma Imma Imma be.....
Imma be, Imma be....goin' to lunch at Applebee's."

(Ok, I guess you had to be there.)

1 comment: