Sunrise over the Caribbean, where my husband and I honeymooned

Friday, February 19, 2010

36 Years Young

Today is my birthday. I have been alive for 36 years. People ask if I feel old. My instant response is no but when I think about it, in some ways I do. Like I see the effects of age on my body. My knees hurt sometimes. I have tension in my neck. I'm starting to buy bras and shoes for their comfort level rather than style. My hangovers last like 4 days. Sleeping in is 8 am and a late night is 11. So yes, my body is aging. But my mind and my spirit still feel young. Very young lately in fact. My curiosity is still that of a little kid and I still crave adventure. I love my 30's because I feel some sense of clarity. I was confused in my 20's and lacked self esteem. Not so now. I like the woman I am, I can't get enough of me! Ha! Kidding aside, I am getting to know me better and have gained the insight to know that if I don't like something about myself or I don't like my circumstances, I have the power to make changes. And if the changes aren't immediate, like transforming my body into a bikini powerhouse, then I don't really give a shit. I'll wear my tankini instead. But I'm not going to hide myself from the world. I am however, going to buy some wrinkle cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment