Sunrise over the Caribbean, where my husband and I honeymooned

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the Universe wants me to have a biscuit

I believe in the law of attraction; What you think about, comes about. Recently I went out to breakfast and ordered the wrong thing. I got pancakes. As I walked out of the diner my eyes landed on a plate of biscuits and gravy. It's the favorite I always forget about. I was disappointed that I hadn't ordered it myself and too stuffed on pancakes to even think about round two. So I left...biscuit-less.

Since that morning, visions of fluffy buttery biscuits have danced in my head. Driving down the street I passed a McDonalds and in the same way Homer Simpson says "MMMMM, Donuts," I loudly and proudly pronounced, "MMMMMM, Biscuits." They're good there. You know where else they're good? KFC. dip em' in a little mashed potato gravy....Yum.

It has been a long ass time since I've had a biscuit.

A biscuit almost slapped me in the face at the supermarket yesterday.

I was talking with a friend last night, just bull-shitting about this and that when suddenly she is describing in detail what she made for desert the night before. Strawberry shortcake. Not made with Angel food or pound cake....but with biscuits. I let her describe to me how big they were. I listened as she told me that each biscuit had 10 grams of saturated fat. As bad as that is, all I could do was drool as I visualized a glob of melted butter and perhaps some sugar full grape jelly on top.

Can't you just taste it? I can.

I can feel the saturated fat dripping down my chin....

I get to the office this morning and I am greeted by my coworker and friend Elizabeth. We were chatting about last night dinner. I made meatloaf and squash. She made chicken and completed the meal with a leftover BISCUIT!

I got goosebumps...

She had me at biscuit....

The Universe is speaking to me loud and clear.

I am just waiting for a big ol' biscuit to come walking through my door any minute.

And I'm gonna eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment